Many people think the terms “health” and “wellness” mean simply being free from disease, however there is so much more to being truly well! Wellness is a state of physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual well being beyond the manifestation of obvious disease symptoms. Wellness is everyone’s birthright.
Dr. Jackson’s passion is helping you learn and understand a way to live that promotes optimal health and long term wellness. He works with you to tailor a treatment plan that addresses your needs and fits your lifestyle.
The Six Principles Of Naturopathic Medicine:
1. First Do No Harm: Use the least invasive therapy first.
2. Find and Treat the Cause: Chronic symptoms are nothing more than a message indicating dysfunction. Suppressing the message never cures the root problem.
3. Docere: The doctor must act as an educator and coach for the patient not a dictator.
4. Vis Medicatrix Naturae: The human body has an innate ability to heal itself. The doctor’s goal should be to remove roadblocks that prevent this healing process and assist in the revitalization of wellness.
5. Treat the Whole Person: A disease state can have many causes; emotional, spiritual, mental, as well as physical. Symptoms are often linked to each other and are rarely separate entities.
6. Prevention: A gram of prevention is worth than a tonne of cure.